> ABOUT VOICES
meet the president
short grassroots videos
> SOCIAL & CAUSE MARKETING
nonprofit media kit
youth drinking campaign
cause marketing event
corporate ad campaign
theatre arts marketing
print PSA campaign
|THE EYE| e-Zine
media news archive
pop culture test
> MEDIA LITERACY
> YOUTH MEDIA
youth video festival
support youth media
> MEDIA POLICY
Cultivate. Challenge. Contend. Curricula.
Voices of Hope Productions provides hands-on workshops and resources to help educators and parents to prepare and understand the need for Media Literacy at home and in the classroom. Voices of Hope Productions' objective is to better prepare children, educators and parents for living and learning in a socio-political, media saturated society. Through short workshops we translate media into practical tips, information, exercises and educational tools for teachers, youth leaders, parents and caregivers of children to use every day. Both children and adults must become more critical consumers of media in order to combat the manipulative culture created by the media.
• What methods are available to manage the constant change within the media using new processes/teaching tactics?
• What are some approaches to working with staff and students when introducing media literacy?
• What educational materials work best to teach media literacy?
• How can media literacy be integrated into an existing curriculum?
• How can media literacy be discussed in the home environment?
In the 21st century, students enter school with prior knowledge, skill sets, and experience with technology and media that was never available to earlier generations. Preparing teachers and parents for working with students who have watched countless hours of television and videos, learned to operate a VCR by age two, and mastered dozens of video games before kindergarten is an enormous challenge.
||The exponential growth of technology continues to challenge teachers and parents to keep up with student’s abilities. As experts in the field of media literacy, Voices of Hope Productions is called upon to speak at conferences, community organizations, conventions and institutes.
Whether exploring trends in media literacy, or discussing a major topic area, such as the effects of violence in the media, the toxicity of American advertising, creating media, or the trivializing of the daily news, Voices of Hope Productions is prepared to stimulate and inform audiences with lively multi-media presentations and dynamic, interactive discussions.
Educational Outreach and Distribution
If media literacy is to take hold, it must be addressed widely:
- NJ Department of Education
- Schools of education and institutions of higher learning
- School districts and sub-districts
- Individual schools — public, private and parochial
- Community groups, pre-school and after-care providers
- Parent, individual educators or media professionals who wish to further their knowledge and improve their skills in media literacy education
VISIT THE VOICES OF HOPE BLOG, |THE EYE| to get the latest info on films, events, workshops and all-things media and pop culture with a socio-political point of view.
Partner with Voices of Hope Productions to market your message, develop your documentary video story, or advocate for your cause. You can be assured we will work with you to raise awareness of your organization, and build resources to bring about positive and lasting change-one story at a time.
Find out about the
Youth Video Festival
"The first thing to keep in mind, is that your objective is not to make a 'TV show' or a 'show' of any kind. You are collecting evidence; you are encouraging witness; you are emboldening ordinary people to 'go public.'"
George Stoney from forward in
Turn on the Power! Using Media for
Voices of Hope Productions